Pages

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Anyone for Cumin Toast?

This morning Mikey brought me a recipe for salsa that he wanted me to try. It listed cumin as an ingredient. I told him the recipe looks like one I make but that I don't like to add cumin. He went to the spice cupboard, got our ground cumin, opened it up and smelled it. Then he laughed and asked Mary Kate if she remembers when he made cumin toast!

Me: "What? You made cumin toast?"
Mikey: (laughing as he looked at Mary Kate) "Yes!"
Me: "Why would you want to do that?"
Mikey: "Well, I think I was about six years old, and I thought it said 'cinnamon' instead of 'cumin.' It even looked like cinnamon!"
Me: "Yuck, what did you do?"
Mikey: "Well, I ate it, but I didn't like it."
Me: "You ATE it? Where was I?"
Mikey: "In the shower or something, I guess."
Me: "Why did you EAT it?"
Mikey: "I don't know. I didn't want to waste food and throw it away. It sure didn't taste very good."

1 comment:

Angela said...

Oh my- cumin toast?!?!

That is so precious that he ate the whole thing b/c he didn't want to waste it. Your kids are so cool.