Pages

Saturday, August 30, 2008

A Taste of Maine

A neighbor family just returned from their trip to Maine, so we got to enjoy the taste of Maine at a little block party cookout last night. When my neighbor originally asked if I wanted to order lobster, I figured I'd pass since I'm not a huge seafood fan...and frankly, wasn't too interested in cooking the wiggly things in my house! However, when I realized that we'd cook them all outside together in a neighbor's turkey cooker, I thought it was an experience that we couldn't pass up.

The gear


The victims

Ready to walk the plank

Neighbor with victim #1

It started to rain, so we couldn't hear them squeal...thankfully!

Our Maine connection with them nice and red--done!

Kids getting excited--to play with the tools...not to eat them.

Chefs

Notice there's more steak on their plates than lobster!


Celebrating many August birthdays on our block!

Another late night for the kids...

4 comments:

Kris said...

Wow do those lobsters look good! Thanks for stopping by AtHomeScience. Your blog is beautiful! I have it on my RSS feeds to follow.

Lisa said...

What fun! I love the lobster pictures!

Angela said...

You live in the best neighborhood!! You always have such fun things to do- that is such a blessing!

Renee said...

I LOVED Maine lobster, from when we lived there. I remember we only paid like $4 a pound. We will not pay lobster anymore, because we do not want to pay $14 a pound.