Pages

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Christmas decorating by the kids


The kids were excited to decorate the tree, so we got it out and set it up. (Yes, we have one of those pre-lit fake trees...and we enjoy having it!) After Joe made sure the lights were all working and I fluffed it out a bit, we sat back and didn't even touch it again. The girls put on some Christmas music, dragged out the ornament bin, all of them dove in, and (besides the few patches of empty spaces in the back) the tree is now full of ornaments and looks wonderful. All they asked help for is to drape the beads and icicles...which I'll get around to one of these days.

Christmas is in the air.

Our furnace, however, hasn't even been turned on yet!

4 comments:

mrs boo radley said...

And your kids are in shorts.

You will LAUGH when you see our Charlie Brown Christmas tree.

Angela said...

I'm sorry- I LOVE the pics... but there just seems somehting very wrong with decorating a Christmas tree in SHORTS!!! LOL! Or, maybe I'm just terribly jealous!

Renee said...

It's funny seeing kids in shorts putting up a tree, but Luke and I did that while we lived in Cuba. I like cold Christmases, but was nice having a warm place to live in.

Kristin said...

I am so jealous that you so warm down there. I am always so cold this time of year; my classroom is too cold, my house is too cold, outside is too cold...I must have been a southern gal in a past life. :)