Pages

Sunday, June 14, 2009

School planning in progress...

No, we haven't been off on some lengthy exotic trip. We've been swimming at the pool, boating on the lake, having gates fixed and air conditioners serviced, enduring hail storms...and making every effort to keep from melting. It's been 100 degrees for the past few days, and I'd just like to say,


"It's
HOTTTTTT!"


The kids started fiddle camp last week, they're ready for VBS at the end of the month, we're signed up for art classes, and I've just been doing some fun school planning now that we've finished up our year.

Can you tell what time period in history we'll be studying this year?


I've had fun going through lots of other books we'll be using this year. I can't wait for the kids to dig into these 50s edition classics.


They were given to my aunt by my grandparents. The inscription Grandma wrote.


LOVE hand me downs!

Isn't the artwork in this Hans Brinker book sweet?


Presenting...


Black Beauty

Classic books are forever gifts!

3 comments:

Deann said...

What wonderful classic books... I'm sure your children will love them!

I've been reading/re-reading some children's books myself lately. In fact, I read The Bronze Bow just a few weeks ago. I think I enjoy them more than books written for adults!

Kristin said...

Just curious...how do you make the old books relevant for your kids? My students gripe about reading anything older than a year old, so I always make connections to their lives, but if they saw those old covers, they wouldn't think sweet, nostalgic thoughts as I do. They'd think, "Where's Stephanie Meyer?!?" :)

Angela said...

I just LOVE finding good "old" original classic books that have been around for years. Aren't the illustrations great? I STILL have to purchase my history for this coming year. I don't know why I've been dragging my feet. I think we're going to do Beautiful Feet.