Pages

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A Summer Morning

It's a bit relaxed around here lately. After a busy spring and beginning of summer, I've declared a full out NOTHING week...besides finishing up a bit of school...and finishing up planning for next year's school year (that we need to start next week!). Hmmm. Okay, so I've declared it a NOTHING day. No violin or piano lessons, no camps, no grocery shopping, not even any big cooking today (Joe will be gone for dinner). So, let me have my DAY...of nothingness!

Here's what our morning was like...
Mary Kate was at the dining room table writing a "get well" card for our neighbor's black lab, who just had surgery to remove a corn cob from her intestines.

I found Jimmer lying on the couch like this at 10am. Thinking he may not be feeling well, I asked if he was okay. He said, "I'm just looking for sparkles in my eyes."

Mikey was happily playing with his aircraft carrier and planes while he and the rest of the kids were listening to The Magician's Nephew on CD.

Kathleen then came to me and asked where the bones of the... Better yet, here's a trivia question. (My Bible trivia queen keeps me busy, and I had to look up the answer to her question on the Internet.) What Biblical bones are laid to rest here (in Germany)?
Kathleen promptly wrote down this word and memorized how to spell it. (She must be preparing herself for the Biblical version of the "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" game.)

Okay, okay...I won't leave you hanging. Click here to find out.

So, now I'm off to enjoy the rest of my NOTHING...DAY! Next year, maybe I can have a whole nothing WEEK!

1 comment:

Angela said...

That is good! A "do nothing day" - I seriously need one of those... BAD!

I laughed out loud when I read what Jimmer said... that is so cute ;)